The Church, Sports, And Their Really Amazing Similarities

What if true and faithful followers of Jesus Christ were like a sports team? Can you see the Church as an American football team? If so, would the Church be able to perform at the pro level? Would we make it to the playoffs? Or, even the win Superbowl? These questions may or may not Read More …

10 Random Tips To Make Life Easier For You And Those Around You

So! I was contemplating what random stuffs I could blog about this week. Then several smaller thoughts occurred to me. None of them were enough for a stand alone topic. Then I realized they all seemed to have a common thread, or random tips you could use. So, viola’! After putting all my thoughts together, Read More …

Looking Back vs Looking Forward. And Why We Should Be Looking Forward

Have you ever been tempted to just throw in the towel? Lol! I mean, yeah, it’s been that kind of week, err, month. Ok. Looking back it’s pretty much been that kind of a year for just about all of us. Am I right? Yep. I think we’re all in agreement here. From Covid-19 to Read More …

Reflecting on This Thing We Call Life

I’m sitting here this week reflecting on everything going on in our world today. You know, the ebbs and spikes of the corona-virus, the resulting economic hardships, the civil injustices still prevalent even this week, and many other things. Yet, with all of those major issues affecting our society, our own life issues remain to Read More …

Depression and Suicide. What Is Your Response?

Depression and suicide are topics that most people shy away from. It’s a sad topic. It doesn’t “feel good”. And most people have absolutely no idea how to handle another person’s depressing thoughts. And that applies doubly for hearing suicidal thoughts. Nevertheless, let’s get real. A lot of people have been there at the bottom Read More …

How Effective Are We At Helping Others???

How often are we helping others? Additionally, how effective is our “helping hand”? Thinking of that, and with the current economic downturns due to Covid-19, it’s bringing to mind our collective ability to truly help others when they become desperately in need of help. I mean, how are we seriously helping people we individually come Read More …

The Helpers Among Us ~ The Good Amidst Covid-19

While the Covid-19 virus has spread across the world, so have the stories of many helpers that are spreading good wherever it’s needed. You know what I’m talking about. It’s the stories that are springing up everywhere around us. These are the stories of everyday people like you and me. Transformations of people becoming the Read More …

Rest, Restore, and Stillness as a Response to Covid-19

It looks like the entire world is slowly entering into a time of rest due to Covid-19, the latest corona-virus to affect humans. As I listen to news reports and updates from around the world, it seems “social distancing” and contagion precautions are everywhere. Lock-downs and recommendations to “shelter in place” are springing up in Read More …

2019 ~ Top Blog Posts of the Year

Yay!!! I’ve made it through 2019, and have a lot of new posts to brag about. Woohooo!!! This week wraps up approximately 18 months of My Quirky Friend. And I have now officially blogged for a full calendar year. How awesome is that?!? To commemorate this event I have joined the rest of the world Read More …

Kanye And Podcasts

Between Kanye West’s new album and some random podcasts, my week has been one “wow” after another. In case you haven’t heard, Kanye West released a Christian album last Friday. It has a nice mix of styles and levity. Here’s a playlist of Kanye’s Jesus is King album on YouTube for you to check out. Read More …